Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Favorite Products of 2010!

Happy New Years everyone! I've been sooo busy. Between Christmas, New Years Eve and My great-grandma's birthday on New Years day, I didn't have time to snap any fotds, notds or product hauls, swatches, etc. SAD FACE! :( I really wanted to but my family is absolutely nuts when it comes to the holidays. I have to travel 2 hours up north to see my grandpa for Christmas, he lives in a nursing home so we brought Christmas to him. Then I had Christmas Eve with my maternal grandma, Christmas day with my immediate family, Boxing Day with my dad's side and Christmas with Nick's dad and then with his mom's family. We celebrated NYE at my house but the next day we had to go to my great grandma's house for her birthday. To put it simply, I am/was exhausted! Lol but I decided to do this post to show you my faves of 2010. I promise to post more in January and now my 19th birthday is less than a week away! Yay!


Makeup

Foundation: I've tried many foundations this year but as usual my absolute favorite is MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation (NC30). It's the perfect coverage, perfect 

Concealer: I don't really get acne, save for a pimple every now and then. My foundation does an amazing job of covering my hyper pigmentation so I don't really need concealer. I do use Palladio Yellow Concealer Stick (the herbal one) for my undereye circles. It really brightens up my face. I also set it with bare Minerals Well Rested which is equally amazing. 

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte, it really does keep your foundation matte!

Blush: I just bought this but instantly when I put it on my cheeks I knew I was in love: Cargo Miami Beach Beach Blush! It's the perfect coral bronzey cheek.

Bronzer: I really love using MAC Comfort MSF as a bronzer. It's really natural and I love the color it gives.


Highlight: I love MAC's Truth& Light Magically Cool Liquid Powder. It's so interesting, I love the cooling effect and I love the subtle highlight it gives. It's not too shimmery and it doesn't look like I dipped my face in a bowl of glitter. Some people thought it was gimmicky but I was very impressed.

Eyeshadow: My favorite eyeshadow for my crease is MAC Cork. For my lid I love MAC Honeylust. For a blending eyeshadow I love Ulta Camel and for a highlight I love MAC Grain. MAC Carbon is perfect for smudging and lining the eye too.

Eyeliner: I ALWAYS use MAC Blacktrack Fluidline. No fading, smuding, flaking and it is the blackest of blacks.

Eyeshadow primer/base: I love MAC Painterly Paint Pot. Other than that I don't need a primer because it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and fading.

Eyelash curler: I just have some cheap one from Meijer that I use. I don't even use it that much because my eyelashes are pretty curled already.

Mascara: Covergirl Volume Exact in Very Black.

Lipstick: MAC Hue! I love this lipstick so much.

Lipgloss: MAC Feelin' Dreamy Tinted Lipglass. I love using this over pink and peach lipsticks. I love the fabulous sparkles it gives. It's LE so I'll be sad when I use it up.

Nail polish: Hmm, I use all kinds of different colors but I love a black nail. I've almost used up my favorite China Glaze Liquid Leather.




Body
Shower gel/soap: I love Bath& Body Works Sensual Amber body wash.

Body lotion/cream: I have tons of different lotions but I also use Bath& Body Works Sensual Amber body lotion too.

Body exfoliator: I love Lush Porridge soap. It has oatmeal in it which acts as an exfoliater.

Hand cream: Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter.

Lip balm/treatment: MAC Fuchsia Fix Tinted Lip Conditioner

Perfume: Versace Bright Crystal


Face
Cleanser: Hm, I just use Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap.

Toner/lotion: I can't use Toners, they dry out my skin!

Moisturizer: Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Relief. What more can I say about this product?! Ahh I love it sooo much. IT IS THE BEST!

Facial mask: I don't use these either.

Exfoliator: I Can't use an exfoliater on my face either. It makes my skin raw but when I do need to exfoliate I just use something my mom has in her bathroom.

Makeup remover: MAC Wipes. These smell soo good and gets rid of every trace of makeup.





Hair

Shampoo: I love my Head& Shoulders :)

Conditioner: I dye my hair every 4-6 weeks and I always use Clairol. The conditioner that comes in their dye kits is awesome and lasts me until I need to dye my hair again. I guess it's also available for purchase without the dye kit too.

Heat Tamer: I just use some of Proclaim Glossing Polish. It works as a shine serum and as a heat protection and it smells so good. You can buy this at Sally Beauty Supply.

Hair Spray: Catwalk Work It Hairspray. The smell is awesome and always tricks me into thinking I got my hair done at the salon. It's pricey but it was on sale at Meijer's and that's why I bought it.

Leave-in Conditioner: I don't really use leave in conditioners but I have before. My hair gets greasy easily so I have to be careful on using heavy conditioners and leave-ins.

Smoothing Cream: I use CHI Straight Guard on my wet hair. This keeps my hair smooth and straight when I want to flat iron it. I love the smell and it works fantastically.

2 comments:

madison said...

Thanks for your Post! Perfect~
I Love mascara, Great eyelash curlers and all things Lashes.

My favorite is the Hot Lashes heated 2 pc lash curler! You may want to read reviews on Amazon about Cult favorite Hot Lashes Makeup artist Kit..Absolute best out there~!

They have an amazing sturdy 24K gold metal curler similiar to the Shu Uemura and Sheisdo one that comes with its own seperate pink small heater base that heats just the pad in the curler, this way my curl lasts till the next day.

Makes my eyes POP and Keeps my lashes curly till the next day. they have a website hotlashes...HTH~

Major Rave, the cadillac of curlers..so worth the price. My friends and I love love love this one! Best by far,,
HTH~…:) Abundant blessings..

Sara Sofea said...

shuuemura or elf?any suggestion?

Best Of Luck!!!
best eyelash curler