Saturday, January 15, 2011

My first blog award!


Hey dolls! I'm really flattered right now. I've never been given a blog award before so I'm pretty excited. I just want to give a huge thank you to my followers for commenting and reading my blog. It's nice to know that my efforts aren't ignored. I love you all! And a big thank you to the fabulous Ariana from She Walks iin Beauty for giving me this award!

So to fulfill the award, here are 7 facts about moi!
1. I share a birthday with Elvis Presley (January 8th) and I was also born on the same day that President George Bush (Sr.) vomited on the Japanese Prime Minister...weird.
2. I have a close knit family. I'm the oldest, followed by my 16 year old brother (Tommy) and my 14 year old sister (Rachel). I'm also close with my parents, who've been married for 22 years and counting :)
3. My cousins are my best friends. I've never really been close with anyone I wasn't related to. There's something comforting about someone you've known your whole life. There's no need to explain yourself to them, they already know.
4. I'm a state board certified Nurse Aide in Michigan. All through high school I completed my certificate and was planning to go to nursing school. Nursing school is almost impossible to get into in Michigan so I'm rethinking my life plan.
5. My boyfriend lives in a different county then me but we see each other every week, more than twice a week.
6. I'm really self-conscious. My whole life I've struggled with my weight and diets and exercise plans. Nothing's really worked and while I'm not obese, it's always been hard being in the middle of the skinny girls and the big girls in school. I never really fit in anywhere and received a lot of criticism because of it.
7. Well since #6 was sort of depressing, I should end on a happy note lol. I'm a huge advocate of lost causes and desperate situations (my favorite saint is St. Jude because of it). So if you feel lost or helpless, just think of me and know I have faith in you! No one is ever given more than they can't handle and no matter, what you can get through it :)
WITH THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE AWARD, YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE RULES:

  • Thank and link back to the person that awarded you this award.
  • Share 7 things about yourself.
  • Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
  • Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
So here are the lovely dolls of whom I nominate!



4 comments:

SiSi Sparkles said...

Congrats on your first blog award! I know how exciting it is:] Off to look at some of your reads.

grace said...

Congratulations on your first blog award!!
This is random, but I just randomly found your blog and I'm lovin it! :]

Anonymous said...

Wow Megalina babyy. I am so proud of you! I am also happy I am one of your nominations :) love you girl!

Cheryl♥ said...

Thanks for the blog award Gorgeous! <3