Monday, January 10, 2011

Current Haircolor

It was probably over a month or two ago that I dyed my hair from a reddish brown color to a color much closer to my natural haircolor, minus the red tones. I live in an area where we don't have Municipal Water (or City Water). We have water that comes from our own well (don't think Laura Ingalls, it comes out the faucet just like city water lol!). Since the water comes from a well it has a lot of iron in it that city water doesn't have, which turns hair brassy and I HATE brassy hair. It's impossible for a girl in my town to have bleached hair because it will be orange in two days. With that being said, Natural Instincts Brass Free Brunettes is a life saver. I used the shade MEDIUM BROWN (5C). The first time I used it I loved it but let's make this clear MEDIUM BROWN IS MEDIUM BROWN! It's actually a dark brown.

But the second time I used it? I wanted to punch myself.
It's a temporary color, meaning that after 28 washes it's out of your hair. My hair faded after a month so I redid the areas that were a lot lighter and my roots. But now those areas are more like black and I hated my hair for nearly 6 months after I made the mistake of dying my hair black. The only way to get black out of your hair is to bleach it and that's what I had to do. It's a terrible process and it looks like I'll need to do it again :( I love this dye kit but I feel like you can't use MEDIUM BROWN multiple times because it will get darker and darker. I put some peroxide in my shampoo and I'm hoping that will help make my hair lighter. I don't mind it being dark, I love dark hair. I just don't want BLACK hair. I'm tan, short, busty and if you add black hair everyone calls me Snookie and I hate that! So I think next time I'll try Natural Instincts Brass Free Brunettes in LIGHT BROWN.

But other than that I love Clairol Dye Kits. Whether they're from Sally Beauty Supply or the boxes you can buy at the drugstore, they're great. Natural Instincts Brass Free Brunettes are the quickest dying time (10 minutes) and all of the Clairol Dye Kits I've used had fabulous hair conditioners that last me up until the next time I need to color my hair and I use the conditioner every time I shower. So if you're looking for a great hair dye, I recommend all of the Clairol products :)

No comments: