Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
Everyone's been talking about this palette. There's a lot of hype surrounding the Naked Palettes and I personally love them and use them both all the time. I love the easiness of having a multitude of neutral shades, matte and shimmery, in one palette. I take this one to my boyfriend's house all the time just because it's so easy. There's so much you could do with this palette. I love that this one has a matte black shade called Blackout. I find it better than MAC's Carbon, which is too chalky.
This is the usual makeup look I do with this palette:
Bootycall as a highlight
Busted on the lid
Tease in the crease
Blackout as an eyeliner, outer v darkener
MAC Careblend Pressed Powder in Light Plus
I love this powder! It packs a pretty powerful punch of coverage, which is what I like. It also tones down the darkness of a lot of my foundation. That's why I chose it in the shade Light Plus. My favorite foundation is MUFE's HD Foundation in #128, which can be a little dark depending on my tan, so this tones it down. I use the Careblend Powder to set my foundation and I love the natural, silky look.
Aveda Deep Cleansing Herbal Clay Masque (White Tube)
I like to masque about every two weeks, depending on my skin. This helps with the dryness and the breakouts I get. The only trouble is I tend to breakout for the next three days after I use this. But that's the point. That's the only way to get rid of the junk sitting underneath your skin, it can't just disappear out of thin air. In a week, though, my skin is flawless.
Aveda Black Malva Conditioner (Brown Tube)
I use this in conjunction with the Black Malva Shampoo. It's meant for dark brown to black hair. The conditioner itself is actually pigmented (looks like black tar). It deposits pigments in your hair. Once I shampoo and rub the conditioner in my hair, I like to let it sit for 3-5 minutes while I shave. The longer you let it sit, the more intense it deposits color. It definitely helps in not having to dye my hair as much. Plus it leaves my hair silky smooth, vibrant and brass free.
MAC Wholesome Fluidline
Described as a blackened brown, it's a cross between Dipdown and Blacktrack. I love this. I find Blacktrack can be too stark and Dipdown too brown but this is the perfect combination. It's natural, a dark warm brown eyeliner. It was released with the MAC Shop MAC Cook collection in early February.
MAC Honey Rose Magically Cool Liquid Powder
My absolute favorite highlight, ever! My sister gave this to me for Christmas and I haven't used another highlight since. I love MAC's Liquid Powders, they're so cool and fun. They feel like water but dry and last all day. This one is a beautiful pinked gold shade. I like using it with matte blushers to add a glow.
MUFE Eyebrow Corrector #3
I will never buy another eyebrow filler again. This stays puts, looks natural and is easy to create a natural yet defined brow. The shade is perfect, not leaning too dark or red. I can't wait to see how well this holds up in the summer.
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Medium
Just like what everyone else says, I wish there was a better shade selection. This ones okay, a little dark and possibly a little ashy. It covers up everything really well. For my dark undereye circles, I apply this and apply my favorite Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Sand over the top. The Maybelline is a better shade for brightening which is why I like it for that area. I do like this one because of the full coverage. It even covered up my boyfriend's tattoo pretty well!
MAC Woo Me Kissable Lip Colour
My Go-To lip shade. It's subtle enough for a smokey eye, gives a nice pink color and is demure and feminine. It has the coverage of a lipstick but the application is a breeze since it's like a lipgloss. It's not sticky either and for me, has pretty good lasting power.
MAC Blushbaby Powder Blush
This is a rose toned nude blush with a brown kick. I like that it's natural and doesn't compete with my lip color or my eyeshadow shades. It's also matte so it's wonderful for the daytime. I pair it with Honey Rose Liquid Powder and it's lovely. I could see me using this when I get married, actually. It's that pretty!
I forgot to put this in the picture, but I figured I'd mention it anyways. I'm going to post an NOTD of this too.
Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Polish in Commander in Chic
It's a weird shade. A mixture of taupe and a touch of purple in a cream finish, it applies with ease. In two coats my nails were fully opaque. Granted, I wear acrylic nails so lasting power of polishes doesn't really matter but it does in a sense. Usually within three days my nails start looking worn and dingy, so I'll change the polish but my nails still look perfect and it's the fifth day. I love the color, it's not in your face but it's still interesting. Plus it goes with anything I wear.


1 comment:
great Feb favorites! I want the hardcandy concealer!
Post a Comment