Thursday, April 19, 2012

China Glaze The Hunger Games: Fast Track Nail Polish

I am seriously obsessed with the Hunger Games...it's borderline sad, really. I read each book in the series in less than 24 hours. How, you may ask. I have absolutely no idea but I did it. I was exhausted after. Those books are INTENSE. Anyways, once I heard China Glaze had an inspired collection coming out I was ecstatic. I held off on purchasing anything though because I get a major, major discount on nail polishes because of my license. So I had to wait until the State actually sent it to me before I could buy anything. Annoying, but whatever. The discount is soo worth it.



But, because I waited Smoke and Ashes was sold out from the distributor. I was so bummed but I purchased Fast Track and Stone Cold.



Fast Track is named for Panem's District 6. In the books it was never mentioned what was District 6's livelihood but when the movie came out they gave it Transportation. What we do know from the book is that many people who reside in District 6 are addicted a type of drug called Morphling. Morphling is kind of like our version of Morphine. I kind of think that it would've made more sense that District 6's industry was Pharmaceuticals/Medicine. Especially since the Capitol is so obsessed with body modification and other surgery. But hey, I'm not the script writer so what can I say?



Anyways, enough of my Hunger Games rambling (see, I told you it was a little crazy). Fast Track is a pretty weird color. So weird, I love it. It's base is a murky taupey-gray. It's pretty light actually, not too dark and not even a midtone. It has gold shimmer throughout, which is what makes it a little strange. I decided to make it even weirder and applied CG's Matte Magic...yeah it's weird but it's cool at the same time. I love it. I'll post some pictures of when I wear it glossy, eventually.


The polish is a little sheer so it took three coats to achieve full opacity. Then I added one thick coat of Matte Magic. It's so much fun to watch polish go from glossy to matte! :)

6 comments:

MaviDeniz said...

love the color, but those polishes with glitter in them are so hard to take off so I don't wear them much.

Xo

Megalina said...

I know, same here! I tend to avoid shimmery polishes but this one is actually so easy to take off. I think it's because it's not really glitter, it's more shimmer. I didn't even have shimmer all over my hands either. Which just adds to how much I love this polish.

Diana Marks said...

Cool color!

Let's follow each other ;)

http://chicken-dreams.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful blog with so many inspiring posts! Congrats on your work!
Would you like to keep in touch following each other?

Anonymous said...

love it!

Diana Marks said...

Love the color!