Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April Jewelmint: Arabian Nights Bracelet

This is my first Jewelmint purchase. I've been a member for awhile now, I can't even count how many months it's been since I signed up. I always loved the jewelry in my showroom but paying $29.99 per piece was a little pricey for my budget. The reason being, I turn all jewelry green unless it is white gold or yellow gold. Sometimes I can get away with sterling silver but I have even been known to turn that green as well! It's frustrating because it means every piece of jewelry I buy has a shelf life. Earrings (especially gold/silver hoops) last me about two weeks before they get really bad. That's why I wouldn't purchase anything from Jewelmint for $29.99. But this month there was a 65% offer code which made it very affordable, even if I ruined it. So I quickly placed my order for the Arabian Nights Bracelet.



"Rule the night like a modern Maharaja with this India-inspired design. Our gilded cross-top piece, measuring 7”, includes a fine peanut chain adjustable at the wrist. A modern take on Indian opulence and glamour, our bracelet is tastefully set with a crystal center. Slip on this delicate, eye-catching wrist adornment for a sexy, exotic look." Jewelmint.com


I loved the way they packaged this. It's always fun to receive something that's pretty and packaged nicely, even if it seems trivial. It was sent in a bubble mailer and the bracelet itself was in a sturdy box, complete with bow and tied up in a little bag. 

I actually love the little bag and will be using it (hah!) often. Since I stay at my boyfriend's house a lot I always found it difficult to bring different pieces of jewelry because I didn't want them to get lost or ruined floating around in my purse or overnight bag. I'll be using this little bag to carry it back and forth between houses.

The bracelet itself is very delicate but sturdy. It's gold and has a little crystal in the center. It fits loosely on my wrist and does feel a little odd since it's connected to my wrist and finger. I'm sure I'll get used to it with more wear. I love how unique it is and delicate. I've been loving simple, pretty and feminine pieces and this fits the bill. Plus it has an exotic spin. Just like something Jasmine from Aladdin  would wear. 


I was actually torn between the Arabian Nights Bracelet and the Raj Bracelet, which is a more ornate version of the Arabian Nights. I'm glad I chose this one but I think if I get another good offer I might buy the Raj Bracelet as well. I have my fingers crossed that I won't turn this bracelet into funny colors. I'm hoping if I limit my wear time I can avoid this since I really love this bracelet. 

 On my nails-Essie Glamour Purse and China Glaze Fast Track (The Hunger Games) layered on my ring finger.

I definitely recommend Jewelmint. Sign up and look for good offers! You can find amazing offers via Google. The Arabian Nights Bracelet is almost sold out as well so if you are interested, I would order fast! :)

2 comments:

LaceNLeopard said...

Love it! So dainty and prettyful :)

alicia said...

love this!