Saturday, April 9, 2011

HG Foundation: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup

Untitled


I was at CVS the other day, just browsing because I've been trying to find Maybelline's Coral Crush Lipstick everywhere but have had no luck. This CVS didn't have the lipstick but I saw a big rack of Sally Hansen makeup and almost let out a squeal. I've heard great reviews among bloggers and Makeupalley about Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup Foundation. Well I didn't have a CVS card so since you get 10% off when you apply for one, I instantly applied and bought this foundation in the shade Sandy Beige. Some bloggers have said Sandy Beige is a good match for NC35-NC37 skintones but I beg to differ. I'm an NC30 and Sandy Beige was a perfect match for me. I'm sure if you're a little bit darker Sandy Beige will work for you as well but it'd be a little bit lighter. This foundation has pretty strong yellow tones, perfect for my self tanned NC30 skintone. 

The packaging for this foundation is amazing. It comes in a glass bottle, has a pump and a cap. Basically it's perfect because it's pretty and you don't have to mess with pouring too much foundation out. The foundation comes out like a cream foundation and applies evenly and flawlessly. I applied it with my MAC 130 brush and my skin looked perfect. It dried to a satin finish. I say satin because on my skin it is matte but it also has a glow to it but not so much that my skin looks oily or shiny, which is a HUGE plus for me! Prior to application I moisturized my dry areas with Clinique Moisture Surge and sprayed my Urban Decay De-Slick Spray. After my skin dried I applied the foundation and set it with my Maybelline Shine Free Loose Powder. I've had no problems with looking shiny and after a whole day (12 hours or plus) of wear my skin was a little shiny but it looked dewy. Not like I had an oil factory for a face. Basically I love this foundation and have been wearing it everyday since I bought it. I know it's not available at every CVS because my local one and my boyfriend's local one didn't carry it but if you happen to see it, snatch it up! I bought mine for $13.99 (a little steep for a drugstore foundation) but also received 10% off because I applied for a CVS card.

I'm off to Nick's birthday party. He turned 22 years old today! Ah, how time flies. I hope you all have a wonderful day! 

Any thoughts about Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup? 



1 comment:

MaviDeniz said...

i've heard so many good thing about that foundation. Im NC35 so maybe that shade will work for me.