Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NOTD: WnW How I Met Your Magenta




WnW's How I Met Your Magenta is a midtone blue based pink. On the nail it's very bright, brighter than I thought it would be when I purchased it at Meijer's for $1.89. It just occured to me that Meijer's is a Michigan company and unless you live in Michigan, you would have no idea what I'm talking about all the time. Basically it's like a Walmart, but in my opinion much better. Plus it's 24 hours! Very convenient for an insomniac and if you're a 19 year old college student, you know what I mean :)

Sorry, back to the point of this post! The price tag wasn't what sold me on this polish. It was the very fine gold shimmer that's only noticeable in the light. Instantly I loved this polish and the $1.89 price tag had me sold. The only thing that sucks about this polish is the brush. The handle was comfortable to hold but the brush was uneven (it looked like it had been cut wrong) and very scratchy, like it was cheap bristles. But hey, with a $1.89 price tag, what can you expect? It dried fairly fast, which is good since it was labeled "Fast Dry". I used Nail Tek Foundation II as a base, applied three coats of polish (two would've been okay but this polish is pretty sheer and I wanted it to be opaque) and then applied a coat of Seche Vite. It wore pretty well for 3 days, which says a lot since I'm a Nurse Aide and I'm constantly banging my hands around and washing them. My OPI polishes only last me a day, if I'm being careful, but I'm particularly rough on my hands. When I removed the polish I used a piece of felt and had no problems removing the gold shimmer. I was worried I would have to spend all day scrubbing it off but I didn't. Overall, I'm extremely happy with this purchase and will be looking to purchase more Wet n Wild nail polishes in the future :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as a college student, Meijer and Walmart are my best friends. & I think Meijer isnt just in Michigan, it's a midwest thing =Dcute color though, it looks really good on your nails.

Megalina said...

Oh you're right. For some reason I thought it was only in Michigan because it was founded in Michigan and a friend of mine from California had never heard of one before haha. Oops! :)