Saturday, March 12, 2011

Product Love: UD De Slick Makeup Setting Spray

Untitled 


What it does: "This high-tech formula keeps skin looking beautifully matte all day, without clogging pores or causing breakouts. The weightless mist absorbs excess sebum and controls surface shine for up to 16 hours leaving your makeup looking fresh and newly applied."

-Sephora.com

The DL: UD's De Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting spray is simply what it says although I'd like to add that it's an excellent primer as well if you use a moisturizer first (even if you have oily skin, I don't believe in using primers without some kind of lotion beneath them). It's also free of parabens, sulphates, synthetic dyes, GMOs, petrochemicals, phthalates. Urban Decay also does not test on animals too. So if you're vegan, vegetarian or just love animals then Urban Decay is the brand for you! But back to the spray, I want to tell you how much I love this stuff. 

How to use: I moisturize my face (usually with Clinique lotions, they're skin care products are awesome). Then I spray a couple sprays of De Slick, misting my face. While I let the spray dry and set on my face I shake up my foundation, warm it, etc. By the time my foundation is ready to apply my face is dry and ready to go. Then I apply all of my makeup (sans Mascara) and mist my face again with De Slick. I have only used De Slick for two days but both days my makeup has stayed matte for more than 8 hours and looked like I had just applied my foundation.

Will it work for oily skin? I don't classify myself as having oily skin. I would actually say my skin is dry to combination depending on the day. I know, I know. So why did I buy an oil control setting spray? Well I'm one of those people who never gets cold. I swear I have hot blood (lol). So since I get so warm my skin really heats up my foundation and other cream/liquid products on my face and makes them shiny. And I mean SHINY! Sometimes I feel like Nick can see his reflection in my face. So I had to find something that worked for me and this really does. I love that I look in the mirror hours after I put on my makeup and my face looks matte. I personally love matte foundation because I like to place my "glow" on the areas that I want highlighted i.e. my cheekbones, nose, cupid's bow, etc. I'm not sure if this would work if your skin is super oily because on Makeup Alley a lot of people complained that this didn't work on their extremely oily skin. But if you're willing to hash over the cash, I would definitely say it's worth a try. 

The Cons: The only con I'd have to say is the price: $29 (US). The bottle is about 4 oz. and I kind of feel that that's a little product for all those dollars. But who am I to complain, I hashed out $50 for my HG Clinique Moisture Surge Lotion (the big tub is a better value compared to the small one, even if it has a bigger price tag). I personally feel that when it comes to matters of the skin and your self confidence-my mirror face made me EXTREMELY self conscious-that you should pay more for the better product IF and ONLY IF it works. And in this case it worked for me, so hopefully it'll work for you. I'm interested to see how long this bottle lasts since I plan on using it everyday. I tend to measure a product's worth on this equation: PRICE divided by # of DAYS USED. So if you used it for 50 DAYS and it was $50, it's worth the money :)


Does anyone out there have hot blood too? Have you used UD De Slick? Let me know!







1 comment:

Vanessa said...

i just randomly found your blog when i googled: nw30! lol and i love it, instant fan here:) i am going to try this because i have the same "hot blood" problem you do, i swear i live with the windows open because of this. i also have dry/combo skin but i never really understood why my foundation got shiny... this helped a lot. i am going to try the ud spray as a primer and see if it works:) btw do you have a twitter or makeupalley account?