I picked up the shade "Stromboli". Part of me was turned off of buying a foundation that was named after a food I used to eat in my middle school's cafeteria but I read so many reviews that it was a great match for NC30's with strong yellow undertones. Since I used Sun Labs Self Tanner my skin has a strong yellow undertone and it's really hard to find foundations that are yellow enough to truly match my neck but this one lived up to it's reviews! Now since it's called SHEER GLOW I knew this foundation would be a dewy foundation and not my preferred Matte foundation. I didn't hear many positive reviews for Sheer Matte so I decided to still go with Sheer Glow and I'm glad I did even though I usually don't like dewy foundations. To lessen the "dew" I used Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder and that kept my foundation going all day without a hint of shine! The coverage actually surprised me because it covered my hyper-pigmentation really well and I didn't have to cake it on. I figured since it said Sheer that it would obviously be sheer and it is, just not in the way I expected it. It's sheer in the sense that a little goes a long way and it doesn't feel heavy on your face. I hate when you can feel foundation just sitting on top of your face. The consistency is actually not very runny. I expected it to be like Revlon's Colorstay Foundation and pour out of the bottle but it doesn't and that also made me happy. Sheer Glow feels pretty natural and looks natural as well, which is an important factor when using foundation. I didn't notice any transferring or smudging and it didn't oxidize either. Overall I'm really glad I've found this foundation and even happier I got a great discount on it! My only complaint is that I wish the finish wasn't dewy but that's nothing some matte face powder can't fix.
So to break it down:
-Dewy Coverage (if you prefer matte, use a matte powder)
-No transferring or smudging
-Zero Oxidation
-Thicker consistency=easier to pour out of the bottle
-No pump, which could be a CON but it doesn't necessarily bother me.
-$42, which can be hefty but I'd shell out the chips for it.
-Great coverage, covers hyperpigmentation
-Not heavy feeling
-Natural looking/feeling
-The (dumb) cap attracts smudging easily. Actually, all of Nars products do because they use that strange material.
-Didn't break me out
Have you used Nars Sheer Glow? What's your HG foundation? Do you prefer Matte or Dewy finishes? Let me know! Happy Friday! :)




2 comments:
i've always wanted to try this, but it's a bit pricey. i'm currently switching between mac studio sculpt and revlon colorstay.
this stuff doesn't transfer of oxidize?! those are my biggest problems with foundation. i def want to try this out soon!
I've never experienced any oxidizing or transferring with sheer glow. it is a bit pricey but I think it's totally worth it, especially if you have a super strong yellow tone in your skin. Definitely try it! :)
Post a Comment