I'm one of those girls who was naturally born with a Snow White complexion. I got it from my mother, who is Norwegian (hence the fair skin) and German, which is where she got the dark hair.
I should probably post some pictures. I had a classmate, who was an older lady, who was absolutely fascinated that my skin was porcelain and my hair was so dark.
Anyways, I just read a vogue article that was about how fair skin is becoming more popular among celebs. Most notably, Emma Stone from Easy A and Crazy Stupid Love. Her skin is ultra fair and she has gorgeous red hair to go along with it or is her hair blond still? Kristen Stewart from Twilight is another good example. The article said Snow White is the new "It-Girl" of the season. And this was a MAY Vogue magazine, mind you.
Work it, girllllll
So I thought I'd try it out. Most of the time I'm trying to slather myself in self tanner because I feel it makes me look slimmer and hides all the little imperfections in my skin. But now that I want to try the Snow White look I realized I have no department store foundations to match my fair skin. I only have drugstore foundations for my fair skin tone and they're not all that great, which is why I like to be tan since all my nice foundations are darker shades.
My one issue is that since I'm so fair most foundations, even the lightest can be too dark for me. I can't wear MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC15 because that is still too dark for me. My natural tone leans pretty neutral so I don't want a foundation that has a lot of pink in it, which is what most brands offer in light foundation.
Not everyone who is fair has pink tones in their skin. What's a good ultra fair foundation that you guys would recommend? I like NARS Sheer Glow, would the shade Siberia be a good match?
Please let me know! I'm dying for an answer! :)



2 comments:
Have just found your blog, i love it! :) I know that Nars Siberia is the palest shade, maybe try that at Sephora with a sample. A makeup artist once showed me that if the foundation is still too dark, you can get some light blue concealer and mix it in with the foundation xx
I am glad that I have pale skin now ))
www.LAByDiana.com
Post a Comment