Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Vanity+Makeup Storage

 So here's my vanity, basically where I do my makeup every morning. As you can see my room came with an awesome little nook that created the perfect space for a vanity.  My furniture is pretty dated, a la the 1990's, but as soon as the weather is warm Nick and I are planning to repaint my room and update my furniture with all white paint and new hardware. Michigan weather, however, is not willing to cooperate with our plans.

This is my nail polish cabinet that Nick made for me last fall. I should probably take a picture of the inside, as I have a shameful amount of nail polish. Good deals at Ulta are hard to pass up! Also, notice my antique bottle collection. I love old bottles. My dad found these at a job site he was at in Detroit. It was at a school that was being updated (new plumbing, electrical, etc.) and was built on a land fill from the early 1900's. They found the bottles when the construction workers dug up the old plumbing and he brought them home for me. My dad's an electrician for a company that other companies hire in for certain jobs but he mainly works at the auto plants in Detroit. That's why it's important you buy American! My dad, and other fathers, keep their job!

 Anywho, back to my vanity, here's a closeup. Basically I have my brushes, lipsticks and lipglosses in different containers. Along with my Clinique Toner, MAC palettes, my CS Neutral palette, mirror and tripod for taking pictures.
 This is the second drawer of my desk. It holds falsies, my deodorant, different lotions, primers and my foundations. Also with a trusty box of kleenex. The first drawer holds all kinds of hair clips, brushes and other miscellaneous things.
 The third drawer holds all of my self tanning things. I have two bottles of Xen-Tan, some L'Oreal Sublime, Jergen's Natural Glow and some other random self tanning lotion.
 This is the first drawer of my makeup storage. This is setting powders, some bronzers and highlighters. Also thrown in are my concealers.
 This is my blush drawer but also has some bronzers and some highlighters as well.
And finally, the third drawer that holds everything from mascara to eyeliner to eyeshadow base and random eyeshadows. If you can spot it out, you can see my MAC mascara that my dog chewed up because my sister threw my overnight makeup bag on the floor for him to get. Gotta love them sisters!

If ya'all want to see my nail polishes just let me know and I'll gladly post some pictures!

3 comments:

JC ♔ said...

i really love your vanity area. i just recently got a vanity myself so i'm still in the honeymoon stage haha. i need to get myself a storage too! and awesome idea w/ the ipod dock.

Megalina said...

Thanks! I love listening to music when I do my makeup, it just adds to the fun of it lol.

Pink Glam said...

Cute vanity area :) love the blog.