Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New LE Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoos!

You guys have no idea what I went through to track these babies down! The minute I heard there was a Fall Maybelline collection with LE Color Tattoos, I ransacked every drugstore in a ten mile radius. Three days, eight drugstores later, I found them at a Rite Aide. I could've squealed in the store but that would've been embarrassing! Haha


I picked up three of the four LE shades, although I'm pretty sure I'll go back to get the fourth. The colors are:  Rich Mahogany, Mossy Green and Barely Beige. The fourth is Gold Shimmer. The reason I didn't get it is because I usually don't dig golds. I don't know why but this one seems more of an antique gold. Much more warm and autumnal than your standard yellow gold. So, I'm sure I'll pick it up and when I do, I'll add it to this post.
Top Row (L to R): Mossy Green, Barely Beige, Rich Mahogany 
Bottom Row (L to R): Bad to the Bronze, Tough as Taupe, Pomegranate Punk 

Mossy Green is a beautiful shade of warm mid-tone green with golden shimmer. It's absolutely perfect for the fall. It's a little tricky to work with as it applies a little patchy. But the color is beautiful enough to make up for the tricky application.

Barely Beige is a champagne shade with icy shimmer. I don't have MAC Bare Study Paint Pot but looking at swatches and descriptions, this is a near perfect dupe. It's perfect for highlighting or just an allover base. It's nice because it's a multi-use product. You could use it on your brow bone, cheek bones, cupid bow, inner tear duct highlight or even as a highlight for lipstick.

Rich Mahogany is a deep warm red-tone brown with burgundy shimmer. I don't have MAC's Constructivist Paint Pot but again, looking at swatches they are very similar! I love using this as a base for smokey eyes. I love layering MAC Carbonized over it.

Bad to the Bronze is not a limited edition shade, it's apart of the permanent line. It's a bronzey shade but I feel that it has a taupe undertone. It's extremely similar to UD Sidecar. It's also chock full of shimmer.

Tough as Taupe is a permanent shade. It's a deep dove gray but looks warmer in the pot. I believe it's the only matte shade in Maybelline's 24HR Color Tattoos but don't quote me on that. I love to layer MAC Satin Taupe over it as Satin Taupe can be a little sheer.

Pomegrante Punk is also a permanent shade but it is perfect for fall. It's a red tone burgundy shade with red shimmer. It's a great all over, one color shadow. Perfect for quick looks when I don't have much time in the morning. If it's a little too red for your coloring, layering a purple toned burgandy over it should do the trick.

Swatches (L to R): Mossy Green, Barely Beige, Rich Mahogany, Bad to the Bronze, Tough as Taupe, Pomegranate Punk 

Included in the swatches are Tough as Taupe and Bad to the Bronze. I never posted any review on these but figured I should, as well as swatch comparisons. I love both of these colors. It's wonderful to have a cheaper but just as good version as MAC Paint Pots. Definitely helps out in the financial department!


5 comments:

A Hint of Glint said...

I need Barely Beige in my life! Thanks for this post -xoxo-

deevine1217.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

oh wow i love these shades!! hopefully they make it to australia!!

come visit/follow my blog :)

Unknown said...

I just saw these at CVS today! I've been waiting for them to release a color like Barely Beige, so I picked up it and Gold Shimmer. I need to go back for Rich Mahogany because they didn't have it. It looks stunning!!

A Hint of Glint said...

It's me again! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster award so make sure to check out my blog to find out what that entails! I hope you'll be able to participate! -xoxo-

deevine1217.blogspot.com

Kate said...

So sad I missed these shades, barely beige looks perfect!