Monday, October 24, 2011

Aveda All Sensitive Skincare

Hey guys! School is going well. I can't believe how much I love Esthiology, especially from the Aveda perspective. I'm planning to do reviews on all of the skincare products I received in my school kit. I love everything. There is seriously nothing that I dislike and everything is as all natural as much as possible. Not 100% organic but pretty damn close. Even the packaging is made from recycled products. Very smart and very cool.

Aveda All Sensitive Moisturizer and Cleanser

All Sensitive is aroma free, made with botanicals and anti-oxidents (helps to fight Free Radicals which create fine line and wrinkles) and is dermatologist tested. All Sensitive is formulated for sensitive skin.

Do you have sensitive skin?
Basically if you have sensitive skin your skin is red, hot and looks/feels irritated. Aromas will irritate your skin even further and extremely astringent products (like Witch Hazel) will inflame your skin and make you miserable. Basically, you know if you have sensitive skin. It's very obvious.

To use:
Dampen your skin, apply All Sensitive Cleanser and massage it into your skin. Cleanser becomes an irritant after 3 minutes so be sure to have washed off the Cleanser before those three minutes are up or else your skin will become even more irritated!
Then, spray Aveda Botanical Kinetics Toner (For dry and sensitive skin) lightly onto your cleansed face and neck. Finish off by applying Aveda Green Science Eye Creme and All Sensitive Moisturizer. Be sure to press and roll the moisturizer onto your skin. Do not rub or else your skin will be even redder then before.
 *Use this routine for AM and PM 

My Thoughts: 
I love the All Sensitive Skincare Line. Before I started using it I was just using bar soap and Witch Hazel. Since I have sensitive skin that is prone to redness and irritation (and also oil), I was making my skin even more red and bothered. Now my skin has a more even tone and temperature, which are very important when it comes to matters of the skin. The moisturizer is light but gets the job done, especially since my skin is prone to oiliness. I used to think that using something astringent would take away the oil but really it was making my skin over produce oil. Proper moisturizer eliminated this issue and the All Sensitive Moisturizer fits the bill. The Cleanser is also very gentle and makes my skin feel so soft and clean.

Price:
All Sensitive Cleanser $21.00 (5 fl. oz.)
All Sensitive Moisturizer $33.00 (5 fl. oz)

Where to buy:
Aveda.com or any Aveda Institute, Salon or Store

The Aveda Difference:
Aveda uses all natural aromas and ingredients. It's nearly impossible to create a product that's 100% organic but Aveda is as close as possible. They also give jobs to people in other countries to provide Aveda with all natural plants like Lavender and Rose. All of their packaging is made from recycled material and are biodegradable. Aveda will also discontinue a product if a certain plant (for example Jajoba) is starting to deplete. That way they can conserve what's left of the plant and prevent it from dying out.
Here's another reason why Aveda is better for your skin: The products are plant based, making it easy for your skin to absorb it without leaving residue. When soaps are animal fat based they actually dry out your skin and sit on top of it.

Why is proper skincare so important?
Skincare is so important because not only does it save your skin for the future, it creates a perfect canvas for makeup application. You'll probably even use less makeup then you did before you developed a skincare routine!


I know this sounds like an advertisement but I have been learning so much from Aveda. They really care about the world we live in and the people who live in it. It's making me much more aware of how I live and I want to spread the word to all of you. We can all make a difference if we try.

(I was not paid or asked to do this review. I wrote and submitted this review on my own decision.)

2 comments:

Sana depth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sana depth said...

Only a few people in the world there is good skin. The color of your skin determines your skin's sensitivity. I am always aware of the oil-based makeup often as time goes by clogging the pores of my skin.

nose job