Product Rave: Clinique Moisture Surge
"Light, comfortable cream/gel plumps skin with hydration for a full 24 hours. Fine lines, flakiness and tightness are washed away. In their place—a sense of supple, firm, vibrant well-being, even through shifts in humidity. One ‘drink’ and skin looks and feels happier, healthier. For all skin types"
-Clinique.com
First off, I'd like to say that my skin is not necessarily dry or oily. I'd say it's a combination and this moisturizer, in a gel formula, works perfectly. It doesn't leave an oily residue, my skin absorbs all traces of the gel and feels refreshed and clean afterward. I feel as though this moisturizer also has a cooling effect when applied to the face. I hate using thick or oily moisturizers on my face. It literally "plumps" up my skin so that pores are minimized and my face is a perfect canvas for foundation.
All day my makeup stayed perfectly, without a trace of oil or shine. Usually my skin isn't oily but in the summer my skin becomes oily because of the heat. I compared this with my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and I was surprised at the results. With the Smashbox primer my foundation became extremely shiny and I had to use MAC Blot powder constantly in order to mask the shine. The next day I wore Clinique Moisture Surge as primer and my makeup stayed matte (my preference, I don't like a "dewy look") and I didn't have to touch up with my MAC Blot powder. Overall, this product is HG and I recommend it to anyone, regardless of skin type.
(Disclaimer-I was not paid for this review. I bought all products mentioned with my own money and made this review on my own terms. I am in no way discrediting Smashbox cosmetics, as this is my personal experience with both products and all people may react differently when using each one.)
1 comment:
Hi Megan! I am a huge fan of Clinique products and my opinion on this is highly positive! I adore the spray version of this. Thank you so much for this review.
XOXO
Catanya
Post a Comment